Last Updated: February 3, 2020
UNLESS YOU OPT OUT, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT IMPACT YOUR RIGHTS ABOUT HOW TO RESOLVE DISPUTES.
We also reserve the right to change, modify, or discontinue any portion of the Site without notice, on a temporary or permanent basis. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
If you register or create an account, by doing so you agree to: (a) provide true and complete information; and (b) keep that information up to date. We may suspend or terminate your access to our Site if we reasonably suspect that the information is false, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete.
You may also be asked to choose a password and a user name. Please select a password that would not be obvious to someone trying to guess your password, and change it regularly as an added precaution. You are responsible for the safety and security of your password and account login and for all activities that occur under your password or account identification. Unless you make us aware of unauthorized access to your account, we will assume that use of your account is authorized. We are not responsible for any consequences from unauthorized access to your account that come from your failure to protect your password and account login. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Site and your account. Those steps may include terminating your account, changing your password, or requesting additional information to authorize transactions on your account. You may not use anyone else's account at any time without their express permission.
We use reasonable security measures that are designed to protect information from loss, disclosure, misuse, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can guarantee that the Site is free of threats or other vulnerabilities. You use the Site and transmit information to us at your own risk.
Accuracy and Availability of Products and/or Services
We work hard to make sure the content of the Site accurate, complete, reliable, and updated, but we cannot guarantee that the Site is error free. If we determine that a product or service described on the Site contains an inaccurate price or description, we reserve the right to take reasonable actions to correct the error, which may include canceling your order, unless prohibited by law. We may have different prices on the Site than in our stores. We may make improvements or changes to content, information, products, services, or programs described on the Site at any time without notice. If you become aware of any pricing or descriptive errors or inconsistencies with any products or services you order through the Site please notify us immediately. Your sole remedy in the event of an error is to return the product or cancel the service according to the terms of the return policy or relevant agreement.
Ownership of Content
Our Site includes a combination of content that we and other third parties create. Most of the content available through the Site is trademarked or copyright protected. Some examples of protected content include:
- written content
- interface design and layout
- sound or video clips
- software code
- trademarks belonging to or identifying the Heat, Basketball Properties, Ltd., FTX Arena, the Miami HEAT, The Miami HEAT Store, or the National Basketball Association
You may not copy, imitate, or use any content from our Site in any way without our prior written permission or the permission of the respective owner. If you would like to request permission to use any of the content on the Site, please contact us.
Posting User Content on the Site
We have no obligation to monitor or review User Content. We may refuse or remove User Content without notice to you. Please note that deleted User Content may still exist in our backup copies, which are not publicly available and, if your User Content was shared with third parties, those third parties may have retained copies of your User Content, and neither the Heat nor our designees have any responsibility for any uses of your User Content that they might make.
Display of any User Content on the Site does not constitute approval or endorsement by the Heat.
Copyright Policy and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site (including the exact URL);
- An address, a telephone number, and an email address where we can contact you the person submitting the notification;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; and
- A physical or electronic signature of yourself or a person authorized to act on your behalf.
It is often difficult to determine if your intellectual property rights have been violated. We may request additional information before we remove allegedly infringing material. If a dispute develops as to the correct owner of the rights in question, we reserve the right to remove the content of both parties.
When we receive an infringement notice with all the required information and are able to locate the allegedly infringing material, we will remove or disable access to the subject material. We also will take reasonable steps to promptly notify the person who posted the subject material. We will give them the opportunity to send a counter-notification. A counter-notification must include the following, to be effective under to DMCA:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that was removed or to which access was disabled, and a description of where the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (including the exact URL if known);
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed or disabled due to mistake or misidentification of the material removed or disabled;
- An address, telephone number, and email address where we can contact the person submitting the counter-notification;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for your judicial district, or if you are outside the United States, for any judicial district in which the Heat may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who submitted the DMCA claim or his agent; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the person submitting the counter-notification.
We are pleased to hear from our customers, and welcome your comments regarding our products and services. Unfortunately, our long-standing company policy does not allow us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those we have specifically requested. So please do not send us any original or creative ideas, suggestions, or materials.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Restrictions on Use of the Site
- is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive, hateful, or abusive;
- violates, plagiarizes or infringes any entity’s or someone else's legal rights, including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights, privacy, publicity, or other rights;
- removes any proprietary notices or labels on the Content;
- advocates or solicits violence, criminal conduct, or the violation of any local, state, national, or international law or the rights of any third party;
- is deceptive in any way, such as an offer to sell fraudulent goods or contains an impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
- specifically advertises firearms or ammunition, tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, or other contraband;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, junk or bulk email (SPAM), chain letters, or any other unsolicited commercial or non-commercial communication;
- interferes with others using the Site;
- is off-topic according to the description of the webpage, forum, or other interactive environment;
- contains software viruses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, Trojan horses, or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, overburden, impair, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, network, server, or communications systems or equipment;
- contains a charity request, petitions for signatures, chain letters, or letters relating to a pyramid scheme;
- disrupts, interferes, or inhibits any other user from enjoying the Site or other affiliated or linked websites, material, contents, products, and/or services;
- uses any robot, spider, or other such programmatic or automatic device, including, but not limited to, automated dial-in or inquiry devices, to obtain information from the Site or otherwise monitor or copy any portion of the Site, products, and/or services;
- creates a false identity for the purpose of misleading others;
- prepares, compiles, uses, downloads, or otherwise copies any user information and/or usage information or any portion thereof, or transmits, provides, or otherwise distributes (whether or not for a fee) such information to any third party;
- uses any of our copyrights or trademarks or our domain name as a pseudonymous return email address;
- contains any offer for unsolicited goods or services or any advertising or promotional materials, except in those areas specifically designated for such purpose (e., classified bulletin board, if applicable);
- provides material support or resources (or conceals or disguises the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- attempts to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any of the digital rights management or other security related tools incorporated into the software or any Content or the Site;
- reproduces, duplicates, copies, sells, trades, resells, or exploits for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site or Content, use of the Site, or access to the Site;
- publishes, publicly performs or displays, or distributes to any third party any Content, including reproduction on any computer network or broadcast or publications media;
- systematically collects and uses any Content, including the use of any data mining, or similar data gathering and extraction methods;
- makes derivative uses of the Site or the Content;
- uses, frames, or utilizes framing techniques to enclose any portion of the Site (including the images found at the Site or any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page); and/or
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE HEAT, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, USER CONTENT, OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; (B) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SITE, USER CONTENT, OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE; (C) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PRODUCTS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM OUR SITE; (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OUR SITE, INCLUDING USER CONTENT; (F) THE DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM AN ACT OF FORCE MAJEURE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, NATURAL DISASTERS, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, WARS, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, VANDALISM, TERRORISM, NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES, OR ANY REASONS BEYOND THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL; OR (G) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO OUR SITE, EVEN IF YOU CLAIM TO HAVE NOTIFIED THE HEAT ABOUT SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR BY LAW, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE HEAT UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS BEYOND THOSE CONTAINED HEREIN. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL NOT APPLY TO RESIDENTS OF NEW JERSEY. WITH RESPECT TO RESIDENTS OF NEW JERSEY, THE HEAT AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, VENDORS, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, SERVICE, USER CONTENT, OR CONTENT, UNLESS SUCH DAMAGES OR INJURIES ARE THE RESULT OF OUR OR THEIR NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT, OR RECKLESS ACTS OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS AN ESSENTIAL TERM BETWEEN YOU AND US RELATING TO THE PROVISION OF THE SITE, SERVICE, USER CONTENT, AND CONTENT TO YOU, AND WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SITE, SERVICE, USER CONTENT, OR CONTENT TO YOU WITHOUT THIS LIMITATION.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THIS SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT THE NATURE, CONTENT, OR ACCURACY (EITHER WHEN POSTED OR AS A RESULT OF THE PASSAGE OF TIME) OF ANY MATERIAL AT THE SITE, AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES.
IN ADDITION, THE HEAT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES THAT (A) THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION OR VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; (B) THIS SITE WILL BE TIMELY, CONTINUOUS, AND WITHOUT INTERRUPTION; (C) THIS SITE WILL BE SECURE (INCLUDING FREE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS), PROVIDE CONTINUOUS STORAGE OR ACCESS, OR BE ERROR-FREE; (D) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF OUR SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR RELIABLE; (E) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (F) ANY ERRORS IN OUR SITE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
THE HEAT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, ORAL, OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, REASONABLE CARE, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY - IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE SUIT IN COURT.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent, Alan Fein, Esq., at 150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200, Miami, Florida 33132. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION SHALL BE IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA's rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules. We will reimburse the foregoing fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and the Heat agree not to seek any attorney's fees and expert-witness costs unless the arbitrator finds that a claim or defense was frivolous or asserted for an improper purpose. You and the Heat understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration provision, you and the Heat would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. You and the Heat further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court. The arbitrator shall apply Florida law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law.
If your claim is solely for monetary relief of $10,000 or less, and does not include a request for any type of equitable remedy, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing under the AAA Rules in Miami-Dade County, Florida. You and the Heat agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court in Miami-Dade County, Florida to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by these arbitration provisions by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following address: ATTN: General Counsel, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any clause within these arbitration provisions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that specific clause will be severed from these arbitration provisions, and the remainder of the arbitration provisions will be given full force and effect. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor the Heat shall be entitled to arbitrate the dispute. In the event some or all of these arbitration provisions are determined to be unenforceable for any reason, or if a claim, dispute, or controversy is brought that is found by a court to be excluded from the scope of these arbitration provisions, you and the Heat agree to waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
Class Action Waiver
READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY - IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
The terms of this provision will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any of the Heat’s affiliates, to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
Termination of Right to Use the Site
This Site is not directed to children under 13 years of age (or such other digital age of consent in your jurisdiction) (together, the “Age of Consent”) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the Age of Consent. If you are under the Age of Consent you should not use this Site, and under no circumstances should you send information about yourself to us. If we are made aware that a child under the Age of Consent has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete that child’s information from the Site.
Copyright 2020 Miami Heat Limited Partnership. All rights reserved.